Founded in 1896, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is one of the internationally recognized, top-tier research universities in China, with strong commitment to nurturing future leaders with innovative drives and global visions. The Engineering Cluster Program is a new undergraduate international program designed to combine the strengths of engineering-related fields at SJTU. Offering all major courses in English or French, the Cluster Program welcomes prospective students with an interest in engineering studies from all over the world.
The SJTU Undergraduate Engineering Cluster program in French includes:
- SJTU-Paris Tech Elite Institute of Technology (SPEIT)
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Electronic Information and Electrical Engineering
- School of Naval Architecture, Ocean and Civil Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
The Cluster Program covers various engineering-related disciplines such as:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Information Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Power and Energy Engineering
- And more
Cluster students will take introductory science courses in the first 1.5 years at SJTU-Paris Tech Elite Institute of Technology (SPEIT). After meeting this requirement, Cluster students may choose to continue their studies at SPEIT (in French) or transfer to another engineering school (in English or Chinese) to complete their bachelor’s degree.
Reminder: Although all Cluster courses are taught in French, Cluster students are required to take Chinese culture and language courses while enrolling in their respective degree programs. All Cluster students are expected to meet HSK 4 (Chinese Language Test) as the minimal Chinese language requirement for graduation. Exceptions include Cluster students enrolling in Dual Degree Program or other international programs.
Application Deadlines for 2020 Admission
– May 31, 2020(Beijing Time, GMT+8)
1. Non-Chinese, foreign passport holders with a high school diploma (or equivalent);
2. Applicants of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan origins who have migrated to other countries should check their eligibility as explained in “Document No. 83 (2009) of Ministry of Education of the PRC .pdf”.
1. CV and personal statement
2. Recommendation letters
3. High School Transcripts
French Proficiency Requirement
- Native French speakers or
- TCF, TEF, DELF/DALF≥B2
- Oral exams on physics and mathematics (via videoconferencing possible)
- General interview
Outstanding students will be awarded scholarships, such as Chinese Government Scholarship, Shanghai Government Scholarship, Teaching Assistantship, and others;
- Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarship should directly contact the local Chinese Embassy or Consulate. When completing the scholarship application form, applicants should select Shanghai Jiao Tong University as their first choice;
- Applicants for SJTU scholarships are eligible for the ones listed below:
Full tuition award, living allowance (2,500 CNY per month), accommodation subsidy (1,000 CNY per month), insurance
² Applicants have been officially admitted by SJTU without being awardees of other scholarships at the same time
² Scholarship is awarded based on the comprehensive ranking of applicant’s academic and interview performance.
² SJTU reserves the right of final explanation.
50% tuition award, accommodation subsidy (1,000 CNY per month), insurance
25% tuition award, insurance
Tuition: 45,000 CNY per year
Insurance: CNY 800/Year (The relevant regulations by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and the Management Regulations for International Student of SJTU require all international students with study duration over 6 months to purchase the Group Comprehensive Insurance in Mainland China.)
In early September 2020(the exact date will be specified in the admission letter)
Admission Office of International Student Center, SJTU
Address: Room 100A, New Administration Building B, 800 Dongchuan Rd, Shanghai, China
Post code: 200240
SJTU-Paris Tech Elite Institute of Technology (SPEIT)
Address: SJTU-Paris Tech Elite Institute of Technology, Shanghai, China
Post code: 200240